70 Life Lessons that I’ve learned by 27
1. Not everyone is going to like you.
2. Most people are so caught up in their own lives that they’re not caught up in worrying about or gossiping about you.
3. Everything passes. You did something or said something stupid. So what? You’ll eventually forget about it, and so will everyone else.
4. Life goes on.
5. Emotions are fleeting.
6. Humour will move you through almost anything.
7. It’s okay to say no. In fact you should say no when you need to.
8. Choose your friends wisely.
9. Don’t talk badly about other people. It’s not a good look for you. Or for anyone.
10. Be kind to everyone, you really don’t know what anyone else is dealing with or going through.
11. Be sure before you put anything in print. Words once written down are there forever.
12. You’re going to get your heart broken by people you’d never expect would hurt you.
13. You’re going to break other people’s hearts.
14. Forgive, forgive, forgive!
15. We are all human and we all make mistakes!
16. Learn from your mistakes, don’t repeat them.
17. Never let go of your dreams.
18. You are stronger than you’ll ever know.
19. You can always go home.
20. Hold on to the moment, don’t look to the past, and don’t live in the future.
21. If you stick to something it’ll get easier and eventually become a way of life for you.
22. If you drink too much, you’ll be rode off the next day.
23. Don’t drink to cope.
24. Spend time with children and spend time with your grandparents. They just have a way of simplifying life.
25. Listen to advice and then decide whether or not to take it. But listen to it.
26. Call your mom, and your dad when you’re feeling down, or a friend or someone who loves you.
27. There are many people who love you more than you’ll ever realize.
28. Your religion and beliefs are yours to decide. You can create whatever religion you want.
29. Don’t get caught up in trying to be something or someone you’re not. Just be yourself.
30. Be real. Be raw. Be you.
31. If you love something and it makes you feel amazing whilst shopping, buy it.
32. Sometimes the things we want most never happen, but somehow something better comes along or works out.
33. You’re always exactly where you’re meant to or supposed to be.
34. Don’t put off anything you can do right now.
35. Don’t fight your emotions, experience them. Let them be. Just let them be.
36. Sundays are meant to be relaxing.
37. Some of your best days will be spent getting completely rained on.
38. Laughter is the best medicine in the entire universe.
39. If you need time to yourself, take it.
40. A warm bath is like a warm hug.
41. Eat that slice of pizza.
42. If you want to stay in and watch Netflix, that’s okay.
43. If you want to go out and dance, that’s also okay.
44. Be in a relationship with someone who gives you you’re own space.
45. Be with someone who respects you.
46. You need to love yourself before you can love someone else.
47. White dresses and red wine are a no, no.
48. Wear comfortable footwear.
49. Don’t brag about all that you have. Don’t be a show off. It’s annoying.
50. Tea and toast go well together. So does tea and cake.
51. If you need to walk away, walk away. It’s better than saying something you’ll regret.
52. Forgive quickly but don’t forget if someone hurts you.
53. Don’t let people continue to hurt you over and over again.
54. If people are going to walk out of your life let them. Let them go. It’s truly their loss. For you are amazing.
55. Don’t correct people all the time. If someone says something and it’s unimportant just let it be.
56. Stand up for what you believe in, always.
57. Don’t argue with drunk people.
58. Don’t try to change your 90 year old grandparents into liberal thinkers. They lived life in a time that you don’t understand.
59. When you compliment or give something to someone else, you in turn give something to yourself.
60. The goal of life is not to be rich or famous, or perfect. The goal of life is to happy. Happiness is the golden key to life.
61. And treat others as you, yourself, would want to be treated.
62. Respect your body, it’s the capsule for your soul.
63. Dress warmly. You can take layers off but you can put them on if you don’t have them with you.
64. Don’t waste energy on someone who’s mind you cannot change.
65. Never suffer in silence.
66. In the end everything always works out.
67. Everything happens or comes in cycles.
68. You are perfect just the way that you are, but continue to work on yourself to be the best version of yourself.
69. A cluttered house leads to a cluttered mind.
70. Love. Always, always love. And love with your entire heart. Whether you’ve been hurt or not, don’t be a stranger to love.
And there’s no one you can trust on planet earth more than you can trust your own sister. You were created with a part of her locked into your heart for eternity. And if there’s anyone who wants you to succeed in this life, it’s her.